I still remember the day my daughter was born. Apart from the beautiful feeling of being privileged to have my bungle of love in my own arms, it was my baby’s tiny little hands, her beautiful eyes, her cute nose, her rosy lips and the softest touch she had, that made me realise that however much we must have read or heard before the baby arrives, this wonderfully miraculous experience of having your baby’s first touch is just beyond imaginations. You feel it only when you experience it. I brought her cheek close to mine making a gentle touch. I wondered “Awwww she is so soft…” but the next moment a question surrounded my thoughts, “Will I be able to keep her skin as smooth and soft as it is today?” I promised myself to try my crazy best to keep it so.
There are a lot many of us, mothers, who want to keep our baby’s skin the smoothest and the softest but don’t actually know how to go about that.
So, here am I, with the 5 THINGS THAT CAN BE DONE TO KEEP A BABY’S SOFT SKIN SAFE!
1. Massage your baby the CORRECT TIME: Most of the mothers massage their babies in their initial months after birth. It’s not only a wonderful way to bond with your child but helps keeping her skin soft as well. Massaging your baby is great but when should you massage is the most important factor! Try to give your baby a massage post her bath and not pre-bath. Yes, you heard it right! After the bath is the best time to give your baby the massage because then your baby’s skin is well hydrated and thus, would be in a better position to absorb moisture from the oil or the baby lotion. You can also try giving your baby the massage right before bedtime in the night. This will not only ensure her a whole night’s sleep but will also let the moisture absorbed in her skin for a longer period of time.
2. Proper Diapering is the key: Today, diapers have become an inevitable part of Motherhood. Diapers play a very important role in a baby’s health and well-being. Make sure that the diaper you are using for your baby is the softest. Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy. To prevent diaper rashes, change your baby’s diaper as frequently as recommended, clean your baby’s bottom thoroughly and apply a good diaper cream. Inadequate diaper changing increases the risk of health problems.
3. Protect your baby from the sun: It is recommended to keep the babies younger than six months out of direct sunlight altogether. The baby’s skin is very delicate to be exposed to sun and can cause her sunburns and at times skin irritation too. In case you can’t avoid being in the sunshine, make sure that the baby is well protected. Think about dressing her in a hat and light-weight, loose & long-sleeved cotton clothes. For babies older than 6 months, you may use sunscreen when exposed to sun but it is advisable to test it only on a small patch of your baby’s skin first to make sure she isn’t allergic.
4. Fabrics and Clothing: During the initial months, the skin of a baby is super soft and is extremely sensitive. It is of utmost importance to select the right and the softest fabrics for babies. Right from their crib sheets to the clothes, due care need to be made to buy only the baby friendly fabrics. Ensure that they are soft to touch and are absorbent .Over the years, there has been a lot of improvement in the way the fabrics are turned into baby clothing to make it all the more comfortable for the little ones. For instance, the seams and labels are mostly outside the garments as to avoid any discomfort to the baby.
5. Use products that have baby-friendly ingredients: With your delicate little baby, always choose the products that are specifically made for babies only and are free from dangerous chemicals or cosmetics. Try to avoid sharp fragrances, talc etc. as these may irritate your baby’s skin. Don’t forget to use a baby-friendly detergent too, after all that is ultimately what is going to protect your baby’s softest clothing!!!
This post is a part of the Pampers #SoftestForBabySkin activity at BlogAdda