Winter is gone and we are now facing the scorching heat of the hot summer sun. Kids are surely in love with winter for various reasons. Discuss the pleasure of winter with your kids and recollect the things they enjoyed in winter. This will be a nice lesson about seasons! Keeping them busy while teaching them something new will be appreciated by parents and this particular craft idea is designed for this purpose only.
Now, to get them more involved and busy, you can make use of the old school socks and ask them to make a cute little snowman. The kids will need a little help from adults in this project and can make this wonderful piece of home decor with ease.
Things you will need to make the cute Olaf inspired little snowman:
- One white sock (use your kid’s old school socks)
- 25 cups of rice
- 2 white cotton balls
- 2 blue cotton balls ( dip white cotton balls in sky blue color and dry them)
- Orange velvet paper or thick chart paper (just a small piece)
- Black velvet paper or chart paper
- Black Pipe Cleaner
- 2 Large googly eyes (you will get them at the hobby store)
- 3 rubber bands
- Strong glue
- Pour ¾ cup of rice into the sock. This task will need a helper. It will best if the kid holds the opening of the sock and you pour in the rice. Squeeze and shake the sock to get the required shape for the bottom and make sure that the top of the sock is in the middle. Now, secure this portion with a rubber band.
- Pour 1/8 cup of rice and tie with another rubber band. This will make the body of the snowman.
- Now, pour the remaining rice into the sock and squeeze and shake to give the shape of the face. Tie the top with the third rubber band and leave the top part of the sock as it is.
- Ask the kid to draw three circles and a shape of the mouth on the back side of the black paper with the pencil and then cut them out with scissors.Cut out a small triangle shape from the orange paper to make the nose. It is suggested to use plastic scissors for the safety of the kids.
- Cut the pipe cleaner in appropriate size to make the hands of your little snowman
- Use the strong glue to fix these body parts on the socks.
- Fix blue cotton balls to the hands (as shown in the figure) and white cotton balls to make the feet of the snowman.
- Remember to stick the googly eyes above the nose and then allow some resting time for the glue to set.
- Cut small strips of black wool to make the eyebrows and some strands of hair. Stick them with the glue and finish off the project.
Are you able to see that twinkle in the eyes of your kid when he proudly show you his own cute Olaf inspired little snowman?
Don’t forget to share with us your experiences with this activity! Watch this space to enjoy more of such activities! 🙂