Kids are fussy about what they eat and this habit becomes the nightmare for the majority of the mothers. In case you are in a joint family, it will not be rare that you get to hear several comments from elders in the family for not being able to manage the right food habit of your kid. There will be several suggestions for kid friendly recipes, which when followed actually give no positive results. So, the end result is another comment….“why can’t you even make something that your baby will really like to eat”. Even when you are not facing this typical family pressure, it is you who will keep worrying about providing healthy meals to keep your kid’s stomach full and healthy.
These days we have so many fast and tasty food options and most mothers are tempted to serve those just to make sure that the kid eats “something” and thus take less care in ensuring the proper and healthy eating habits. Most of the packaged foods are junks and thus not healthy. They may make the stomach full but will provide least or not nutrition at all. But, it is tough for mothers to avoid them when they are facing the situation with extremely fussy eaters Even if they try to make healthy snacks for kids at home, they may just reject it with the excuse……..“I don’t like this one” or “I don’t want it”. It will be hard to explain him or her about the goodness of the particular food as they simply are not of the age to understand about healthy eating habits. Members of the family may also suggest supplementing the skipped meals with lots of milk (as in most cases kids do like milk), but a careful and knowledgeable mother knows that several servings of milk will not be able to compensate the habit of avoiding nutritious foods. Milk will surely give them several nutrients, but it is not the right option to choose all the time.
It is the responsibility of the mother to think of the various fun food ideas for kids so as to develop his interest in healthy eating habits. Here is one such snack recipe that will help you to make super tasty and interesting for the kid.
Banana is rich in iron and thus, will be a great nutrient booster. Especially for the kids who totally reject spinach, these banana pancakes will supplement the iron requirement and thus make both the kid and mother satisfied.
Easy Snacks Recipe for Kids – Baby Banana Pancakes
Total time: 15 minutes
- 2 bananas, cut into round slices
- 5 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- a pinch of salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 50 grams melted butter
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Keep half cup flour aside and put the remaining one cup in a bowl.
- Add milk, sugar, salt and baking powder with the flour to make the smooth batter.
- Coat the banana slices with the dry flour and keep them ready on a plate.
- Heat butter in a shallow frying pan and then dip each banana slice into the batter and then fry them in the heated butter. Flip to cook the other side and make sure that they are golden brown in color.
- Place the pancakes on the paper towel to soak excess grease and then let them cool down completely before serving. This cooling is really important as the banana pancakes will remain very hot at the centre and thus not safe to serve warm. You can also top them with some maple syrup or honey.
My Fussy eater just love this recipe. Try prepare it at home for your little picker and let us know how it works!
Don’t forget to share your experiences and ideas of the recipe for kids in the comment box below! 🙂